Search Here Anything!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Uneasy Step A Decision to Make


Being left behind is not easy. I've been experiencing hard times when my two sisters decided to go abroad. Their decision was motivated due to our financial crisis and when my father was gone. My two sisters have decided to sacrifice and face the consequences of being away from us.


Then my agony started, I don't have any idea to where I confide with, when my two sisters have left me. Whenever they make a call and talk to us I felt a little bit of aching for the reason of missing them. They used to talk to me and reminding me to study hard and their sacrifices is for us, for me , for my studies. The thing that came to my mind is that, I have to study hard for them, for my family and myself in return for what they have done. Every time I will tell them about my achievements I felt their happiness which injected me to strive harder.


In this situation I realize that, it's not just the person whose left behind suffered but triple to the ones who choose to be away from his/her family and going out of their comfort zones. But despite of all these. It brought changes in our lives. We are strengthen not just on fighting to survive but also our faith in God. Faith in such a way that always praying (communication to God) in times of being apart, in asking for grace of being healthy in times of ours or their sickness. Wisdom in times of missing them. It changed me, in reacting to things that I must be matured enough to accept reality, to accept the responsibility that being entrusted to me as they were far away. As a sister of an OFW.It change me to become a better person! And they are my inspiration.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really hard when you are away to your loved ones!

simplykarenrose said...

wow this is wonderful sis, Thank you

PSYCHABLES said...

Salamat po sa nag comment :-)

Anonymous said...

..i know how it felt to be far away from your love one, considering the fact that they did it for you.

breaking_dawn said...

Indeed, being an OFW is really hard. I know it since we've been away to my father for almost 14 years. I can really relate to this post, thanks teane... :)

Anonymous said...

I am supporting my nephews for their studies and they are doing good in their grades. This can inspire us as Ofws

Anonymous said...

Like sisters! Love's to express their feelings in writing!

duking said...

yung sacrifice talaga sa bawat mahal natin sa buhay na umaalis is shared between sa kanila at sa atin na naiiwan. with faith in between mula sa pag-alis hanggang sa muling pagkikita, dreams do come true in the end. besides, yun naman talaga ang dahilan kung bakit kailangang mag sakripisyo ng bawat isa eh.

magandang araw!

add ko po kayo sa blogroll ko ha? salamat!

hitokirihoshi said...

i can relate sa iyong story because ganun din sa akin. parang nakakatakot at wala kang matatakbuhan, siyempre sanay ka na kasama sila.

pero in the process, yung distance and time na malayo kayo sa isa't isa ay magiging purpose para mag-grow tayo individually. The more you miss them the more you appreciate and love them. and when you starts to understand that their doing their best out there, you're also inspired to do your best on your own.

mabuhay and good luck sa iyong entry!

PSYCHABLES said...

salamat po sa lahat ng nag comment :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thanks for dropping by...

Follow by Email